Friday, March 13, 2009

A Different Attitude - Caleb's powerful example!!

Good day! I hope you are continually being encouraged by the living and active word of God. I wanted to comment on a passage of scripture that we read a few days ago. With all the activity of our recent break in, seems like this last week has gone by all too fast. Let me get back to the point.

On March 10th we read about the spies report on the promised land, you remember how Joshua and Caleb recommended taking the land, which almost got them stoned!! I would like to direct your attention specifically to Numbers 14:24 "But my servant Caleb has a different attitude than the others have. He has remained loyal to me, so I will bring him into the land he explored. His descendants will possess their full share of that land."

What an awesome complement to Caleb, to have a different (observable, positive, filled with faith) attitude than the prevailing (also observable, negative, filled with defeat, no faith) attitude. I believe as God's kids we are called and Holy Spirit enabled to have, or walk in a different attitude than those around us who too easily adopt the prevailing bad attitude syndrome.

The key is found I believe in our choice...............choose today to walk in a Caleb attitude, that honors our Lord Jesus.

May the Lord continue to bless you as you journey through His Living Word.
Pastor Paul

2 comments:

  1. I am blessed when reading today's Scripture from Deut. 8:1-20. The high-lighted portion-10-11When you have eaten your fill, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you. But that is the rime to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and laws. Made me thankful that the Lord God knew before He created the world, that I would be born in this land of plenty. And we are to make sure that it stays a safe place, not only for us people, but also for the animals.

    May the Lord be blessed in this land of plenty. I love and praise Him always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that God was referring to Israel in this passage of Scripture, but I feel that way of Alaska being a land of plenty also. I thought that I had better add this. Ella

    ReplyDelete