Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Healthy Heart - Long Life

Greetings in the name of Christ Jesus - Our Risen Savior! How is your journey through the living Word of God going, learning, growing, encouraged, have some questions? Me too - being in the Word, feeds my soul, no I don't have all the answers - sometimes I have many more questions than answers, so don't think you are alone. I do know who has the answers, so do you I hope - Yes His name is Jesus!!

I love part of today's passage in reference to our journey through God's Word, let me quote from the NLT "...Take to heart all the words of warning I have given you today. Pass them on as a command to your children so they will obey every word of these instructions. These instructions are not empty words - they are your life! By obeying them you will enjoy a long life in the land you will occupy when you cross the Jordan River." Deut. 32:46-47

A healthy heart (physical and spiritual) does equate to a long life.

Blessings,
Pastor Paul

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Io the book of Jochua, in the first chapter the Lord God said four times be strong and courageous, but verse 7 says be strong and very courageous. Verse 9-I command you-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. This brought me to a time when Don and I were going to Laughlin, Nevada. I didn't want to give in and gamble on the slot machines. The pastor in Boise-Lutheran church-said that he would pray for me and he gave me this verse. No matter where we are at, our Savior, Friend, God of all comfort is with us
    . Praise the Lord for His mercy, goodmes, and grace. Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Joshua! In the Message version there is an intro to the History Books which I felt was a very good lens to focus in our historical perspective, so here are some thoughts that spoke to me.
    1. "The 12 books from Joshua to Esther are designated the "history" books, but "history" doesn't ell the whole story, this is history attentive to the conditions in which people encounter and experience God." Reminds me of our small group study "Experiencing God". The Hebrew people were intent on observing and participating in what happened in and around them because they believed that God was personally alive and active in the world, in their community, and in them, Amen!!!
    2. "God is not an idea for philosopher to discuss or a force for priests to manipulate. God is not a part of creation,...God is a person--a person to be worshiped, believed, and loved in time and place. God meets us in the ordinary and extraordinary occurrences...It never seemed to have occurred to our biblical ancestors that they could deal better with God by escaping from history, "getting away from it all" as we say. "
    3. Their "deeply pervasive sense of history--the dignity of their place in history, the presence of God in history--accounts for the way in which the Hebrew people talked and wrote. They did not, as was the fashion...make up and embellish fanciful stories. Their writings did not entertain or explain; they revealed the ways of God with men and women and the world. ...for the Hebrews there simply was no secular history."
    Wow, praise God. If only we would follow that example and look for God at work in our world and in our history instead of skewing it to the right or the left. God can and does speak for himself. My prayer for myself and our world is that we once again listen to God and obey. God bless you all. The King of kings and Lord of lords is risen, is alive and at work all around us. Praise the Lord

    ReplyDelete