Friday, January 16, 2009

Rescue and Rest for our Souls..........

The theme the Lord has been speaking into my heart from our readings the last couple of days is Rescue and Rest. I noticed that Jacob cried out to God when he was in fear of his brothers response to his home coming - "O Lord, please rescue me from the hand of my brother, Esau..." Gen. 32:11 Then I also read in Psalm 13:5 "But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me." Praise the Lord - if you know Jesus He is your rescuer! I am so thankful that Jesus has rescued me from the grasp of Satan and the power of hell!! He has also rescued me so many times when I found myself in need of help, hope and healing......His power to Rescue knows no boundaries.
The second part of this theme God is speaking into my heart is Rest. The words of Jesus speak volumes to our hearts "Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."
Enjoy a little R&R in Jesus today!! He is your Rescuer and the one who gives you Rest!!
Blessings,
Pastor Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment